UPS (Uninterruptible Power System) Market 2021
Product Code No:
Uninterruptible Power System
Producers and Sellers in the Domestic UPS Market
I. Current Status of UPS Market
1. Each player has strengths in different capacity range and applications. No big changes in the leading market-player manufacturers.
2. Transition of Total Market Size
i. Only UPS with 100kVA or more is strong. Volume-based market size has been affected by COVID-19 calamity.
ii. UPS with 100kVA or more led to an expansion of capacity-range based market size in FY2019.
iii. UPS with 100kVA or more contributed to diminishing value-based market size to turn for the better.
3. Transition of Market Share of Makers of UPS with 3kVA or lower
4. Transition of Market Share of Makers of UPS with 4kVA to 9kVA
5. Transition of Market Share of Makers of UPS with 10kVA to 99kVA
6. Transition of Market Share of Makers of UPS with 100kVA or more
II. Noteworthy Trends in UPS market
1. Differences in value are hard to find among specifications of products by each maker due to technical maturity.
2. Adoption of LiB is still limited because of its comparatively high price. Expansion of Chinese makers is a threat.
3. UPS for large data centers have shown steady growth. Still, decline is witnessed in FY2020 at some users/industries.
III. Attempts at Leading Market Players (10 companies)
IV. Perspectives of UPS Market
1. UPS for data centers expects good sales for the time being. The market size depends on the trends of UPS with 100kVA or more.
2. Harsh competition cannot be avoided in all capacity ranges. Differentiation strategy is required at UPS makers of all capacity ranges.
3. Factors that influence UPS and demand for UPS - Expectations and Concerns
4. Market Size Forecast (up to FY2023)
i. While UPS with 100kVA or more continues good sales, total market by volume anticipates shrinkage.
ii. Expansion of UPS with 100kVA or more, the range of UPS that occupies the largest composition ratio, covers the shortfalls in other capacity ranges by value.