Generic Drug Market 2019
Product Code No:
Generic Drugs manufacturers
I Real Status of Generic Drugs Market in Japan
- New goal has been set for the ratio of generic drugs used should be 80% in volume by 2020.
- The goal to occupy 80% of the entire volume of drugs used can be achieved soon, but the market of generic drugs is still vague.
- Japan Generic Medicines Association proposed the “Vision for Next Generation Industry” for “post-80%”
- Changes in Market Trends of Medical Drugs
- Market Trends of Generic Drugs
II Strategies and Outlook of Generic Drugs in Pharmaceutical Companies
- The goal to occupy 80% of the entire volume of drugs used can be achieved soon
- Competition become more harsh as business strategy among Top 3 companies diversify
- Foreign-affiliated pharmaceutical companies have been facing difficulties in the unique Japanese drugs market
- As the growth of the generic drugs market having slowed down, new attempts are needed to invigorate the business.
- Due to the increase in the generic drugs to be listed and to the attempts for preparatory design of drugs, the expenses for R&D are on the rise
- Production system are built to meet the “80% share by September 2020”
- Distribution strategies by the generic drug companies
- Attempts by Japan Generic Medicines Association
- As generic drugs being accepted by more consumers, the number of MR has been flat of slightly declined
- As generic drugs being accepted by more consumers, the number of MR has been flat or slightly declined
- Succession business of “branded drugs” entered new phase
- Authorized generic drugs have been increasing the existence in the generic drug market
- Biosimilar business has been invigorated
- The sluggish growth of the domestic market has led some companies to enhance overseas business.
- Attempts for multi-sourcing in procurement of API (active pharmaceutical ingredient) from the viewpoint of stable supply
- Whether wider acceptance of a formulary be the key to expand the generic drug market.
III Company Profiles
IV Real Status and Outlook of Formulary
- What is Formulary
- Standard for the use of drugs based on the idea of pharmaceutical care
- Quality assurance of pharmacotherapy in formulation of formulary
- Dual nature of formulary as effective use of generic drugs and as cost effective prescribing
- In DPC hospitals having formulary is a must
- Necessity for formulation of local formulary
- Clinicians manage local formulary
- Advantage of formulating local formulary
- New challenges after formulary is provided