Generic Drug Market 2018 – With New Goal Set to 80% of Volume Used
Product Code No:
Domestic and overseas generic drug companies
I Real Status of Generic Drugs Market in Japan
- New goal has been set for the ratio of generic drugs used should be 80% in volume by 2020.
- The goal to occupy 80% of the entire volume of drugs used can be achieved soon, but the market of generic drugs is still vague.
- Promotions have been underway for generic drugs to be used 80% of the entire volume of drugs.
II Strategies and Outlook of Generic Drugs in Pharmaceutical Companies
- Although the new goal has been set to 80% of the entire volume of drugs used, the market of generic drugs is still vague.
- The growth of generic drug makers has been slowing down.
- Foreign-affiliated pharmaceutical companies have been facing difficulties in the unique Japanese drugs market.
- As the growth of the generic drugs market having slowed down, new attempts are needed to invigorate the business.
- Since the demand of generic drugs is regarded to increase, the expenses for R&D and for facilities are on the rise.
- Distribution strategies by the generic drug companies:
- As generic drugs being accepted by more consumers, the number of MR has been flat or slightly declined.
- Evolving alliance strategies by generic drug makers:
- Authorized generic drugs have been increasing the existence in the generic drug market.
- Some differentiation strategies by generic drug makers.
- Biosimilar business has been invigorated.
- The sluggish growth of the domestic market has led some companies to enhance overseas business.
- Whether wider acceptance of a formulary be the key to expand the generic drug market.