In-Vehicle Touchscreen Market 2015
Product Code No:
I Current Status and Future Outlook of In-Vehicle Touchscreen Market
- Unique advantage of out-cell should be used by making the touchscreen larger and its surface curved.
- In-vehicle capacitive touchscreen market in 2016 is expected to expand by 5 times larger than the market size in 2015.
- The market share of in-vehicle touchscreens is likely to grow rapidly from 9% in 2015 to 25% by 2016.
- Expansion of in-vehicle capacitance touchscreen market has gone almost as planned.
- In order to acquire more customers, the presentation of the products should be backed by the customer needs considered beforehand.
- In addition to touchscreens + LCDs, there are in-cell and on-cell types to be entered in the in-vehicle touchscreen market.
II Trends in In-Vehicle Touchscreen Technologies
- The key factors for growth of the in-vehicle capacitance touchscreen market are improved visibility, lower resistance and good-looking designs.
- There has been so many structures established for in-vehicle capacitance touchscreens, including PG2・GG2, PFF・GFF, OGS, GG, PFG, and PF2.
- More in-cells and on-cells can be developed and mass-produced for the models from 2018 to 2019.
- Innolux Corporation is currently developing low-price in-vehicle on-cell models to be adopted for DOP.
- As for the characteristics required for in-vehicle touchscreens, improvement of transmittance, low reflection, and anti-glaring functions are indispensable.
- The theme of developing capacitance touchscreens is to attain low-resistance and prevention of sensing noises.
- There has been a series of 3D-curved-surfaced products marketed as a way to respond to good-looking designs required by customers.
- Companies including Nissha Printing and Toppan Printing have come to differentiate with others by using in-mold method to mold the products.
- The samples of in-vehicle touchscreens made of copper have been shipped: They are characterized by low-resistance, good operability, noise resistant performance and 3D-curved-surfaced.
- Together with improvement in the degree of perfection of technologies developed for touchscreens made of copper, it is necessary for the touchscreens to acquire trusts from the customers.
- It is apparent that choosing the most appropriate component materials is the key for the products to be selected by the customers.
III Perspectives and Strategies of In-Vehicle Touchscreen Manufacturers