High-Performance Film Market 2014
Product Code No:
High performance films of various types and materials
Film manufacturers and processing companies
I Perspectives of High-Performance Film Market
- Pursueing customizable films, developing to exceed existing framework
- Japanese technology is expected to attract new market
- Demands for optical films are growing again, due to production expansion of panels and materials for TVs in China
- Which path should Japanese companies choose?
- Painstaking efforts in responding to the needs can be the motive power of generating state-of-the-art technology
- It is possible to develop new demands by developing demands that are ahead of the existing ones
- Developing technology without stereotype ideas may bring about a chance to find a next market yet to be bloomed
II Analysis on PET Film Market
- Analysis on PET Film Market
- The "next cutting-edge" market can be found by attaining production of many kinds in small quantities which is very challenging
- Japanese manufacturers have an advantage when it comes to reconciliation-type of development
- While China and Taiwan continue investment in plant and equipment, there is a tendency in companies in Japan and South Korea to discontinue the production lines
- Growth of 4K or large TVs has turned demands for PET films for LCD materials for the better
- It has become more clear that white films for relecting plates that Japanese products are good in quality and Chinese ones are good in price
- The contrast of white films for reflecting plate has been more clear between Japanese products and Chinese ones in that the former is good in quality and the latter in price
- Japanese manufacturers secured landslide superiority in the market share of TP parts materials for customizing them to support low interference
- Release film market is in threesome competition among Toray Advanced Materials Korea, Mitsubishi Plastics, and Teijin DuPont Films Japan
- Protective Films
- While the market of those protective films for shipping polarizing plates have matured, those for protecting processes like ITO films and for carriers have expanded
- No particular changes in market shares for those for shipping polarizing plates
- In an environment where the prices of protective films are falling, Japanese products have advantages in competition within the market due to weakened yen, which led the customers to shift from overseas products
- Both the companies, Fujimori Kogyo and Sun A.Kaken, are planning to fully launch overseas production base
- As for films for protecting processes of TP parts materials and for carriers have challenges to support high temperature annealing
- Release Films
- Polarizing plates separators continue their steady growth
- OCA release films market moves in accordance with the changes in the market share by users
- There has been a big leap by YOULCHON Chemical of South Korea after the company increased its production lines
- The films for MLCC showed around 10% of annual growth rate in 2012 and 2013
III Trends in Newly Developed, Noteworthy Films
- Trends in Imprint Metal Mesh Film Market
- Trends inHighly Rigid Film Market
- Trends inHigh Barrier Film Market
IV Perspectives and Strategies of Industrial High Functional Films Manufacturers
- Fujimori Kogyo Co. Ltd.
- LG Chem,Ltd.
- OSUNG LST Co.,LTD
- ShinBright Optronics Corporation
- Koatech Technology Corporation
- SKC Haas Display Films Company
- LG Innotek Co., Ltd.
- SHEN ZHEN O-FILM TECH. CO.,LTD.
- InkTec Co.,Ltd.
- NIPPON STEEL & SUMIKIN CHEMICAL CO., LTD
- Showa Denko K.K.
- RIKEN TECHNOS CORPORATION
- Gunze Limited
- Toppan Printing Co., Ltd.
- MITSUBISHI PLASTICS INC. (High Barrier Films)
- Toray Advanced Film Co., Ltd.
- OIKE & Co., Ltd.
- FUJIFILM Corporation
- KONICA MINOLTA, INC.