High-Performance Heat Exchanger Market in Japan: Key Research Findings 2017
- Research period: From April to June, 2017
- Research targets: Manufacturers of high-performance heat exchangers, engineering companies, material makers, metalworking companies, etc.
- Research methodologies: Face-to-face interviews by the expert researchers, surveys via telephone/email, and literature research
What is the High-Performance Heat Exchanger Market?
The size of the high-performance heat exchanger market in this research is calculated based on the both applications where heat exchangers are installed stand alone at plants and factories, and where they are installed within air conditioners, water heaters, and other apparatuses. Note that those heat exchangers used for vehicles, such as vehicle radiators, are not included in this research.
Summary of Research Findings
- Domestic High-Performance Heat Exchanger Market in FY2016 Reached 72,540 Million Yen, 97.7 % on Y-to-Y Basis
Size of the domestic high-performance heat exchanger market in FY2016 declined to 72,540 million yen, 97.7% of that of the previous fiscal year, based on the shipment value at manufacturers. Although there are robust major demands including chemical or petroleum refinery plants where deteriorated or existing facilities are needed to be updated or improved, capital investment at new facilities has been slow. This has made the entire high-performance heat exchanger market to keep the size at around 75 billion yen.
- In Association with New Application Development, Market Size Likely to Expand in the Field of Hydrogen Station and Utilization of Non-Utilized Heat
The heat exchanger makers have been vigorous to develop applications to explore new customers. Their efforts have increased the use of heat exchangers such as for temperature controllers and steam condensers for biomass power generation, and for display cases and freezers at retailers to enable low-temperature distribution, which led the sales of heat exchangers in the fields of electricity/energy and refrigeration/freezing to tending to increase. In addition, there are newcomers in the market to satisfy the new demands of heat exchangers for facilities needed for hydrogen stations and utilization of non-utilized heat. All of those factors are leading the market to be on the rise.
- Size of Domestic High-Performance Heat Exchanger Market for FY2020 Projected to Attain 78.710 Billion Yen
Against the backdrop of the demand of updating deteriorated facilities and constructing new facilities for the Urban-Area Redevelopment Projects, high-performance heat exchangers are expected to be stably demanded. At the same time, the market in the new areas, such as hydrogen stations, is likely to expand. As a result, the high-performance heat exchanger market, based on the shipment value at manufacturers, is likely to attain 78.710 billion yen by FY2020.
- Figure 1: Transition and Size of High-Performance Heat Exchanger Market