Domestic IP Camera Market: Key Research Findings 2016
- Research period: From April to September, 2016
- Research targets: Domestic manufacturers of network cameras, SIers, and etc.
- Research methodologies: Face-to-face interviews by the expert researchers, surveys via telephone/email, and literature search
What are IP (Network) Cameras?
IP (Network) Cameras in this research indicate those cameras embedded with IP functions. These business-use cameras are able to solely connect to internet, without the need of PCs, unlike analog surveillance cameras.
Summary of Research Findings
- Domestic IP Camera Market Size in 2015 Grew by 12.7% to Mark 780 Thousand Units, Projected to Expand Further
The domestic market size of IP cameras, based on the shipment volume from manufacturers, attained 780 thousand units in 2015, up by 12.7% of that of the previous year. The growth rate of the market is likely to continue rising by 14.0% or more on Y-o-Y basis. Prominent growth is projected especially in 2018 through 2019 with demands promising toward the Tokyo 2020 Olympic and Paralympic Games.
- Market Driven by Noteworthy Image Analysis/VCA (Video Content Analysis) Systems
Image analysis and VCA (Video Content Analysis) systems are no longer limited to such functions as face authentication, measuring of a stream of people, and abnormal behavior detection, but they are also developed to be capable of marketing analysis linked with POS register terminals, security controls working with entrance and exit control of a room, and connection with other systems like RF-IDs. After bringing about novel solutions to diverse industries, image analysis and VCA (Video Content Analysis) systems are regarded to become extensively popular, finally.
- Figure & Table 1:Transition of Domestic IP Camera Market Size