In-vehicle Touchscreen/Component Market 2016
Product Code No:
In-vehicle Touchscreen and Components
I Current Status and Future Outlook of In-vehicle Touchscreen/Component Market
- Unique designs with curved surface/different shapes, larger in size, less resistive, new input interface.
- Should acquire customer demands of two to three years ahead.
- Accelerated new entry by overseas leading touchscreen manufacturers to in-vehicle market
- Key for expanding introduction is to develop/suggest values and to embody them into new-generation vehicles
II Technological Trends of In-vehicle Touchscreen/Components
- The in-vehicle capacitive touchscreen market for 2016 is likely to attain 16.01 million screens, 148.0% of the size of the previous year.
- Capacitive touchscreens are likely to exceed market size of resistive touchscreens by 2018
- The largest market share of capacitive touchscreens in 2015 was occupied by Hosiden Corporation with 2,800 thousand screens.
- The in-vehicle capacitive touchscreen market has been dominated by Japanese manufacturers by 90%.
- The in-vehicle capacitive touchscreen market is likely to see new entry of LGI, ELK, and other Chinese manufacturers from 2017
- In-cells and on-cells for in-vehicle touchscreens by display manufacturers are likely to be developed.
- In addition to improvement in credibility of products but also a structure that can produce small amount of more diversified items is needed.
- With support of curved surface and high sensitivity together with lower resistance values and noise resistance, characteristics of non-ITO touchscreens have been attracting attention.
- Base materials of film sensors have been changed and electrically conducting materials have been reviewed in order to lower resistance
- Series of curve-surfaced touchscreens by film sensor manufacturers have been developed using molds
- Attempts to develop 50μm ultra-thin curved-surfaced glass sensors have been in progress.
- Acquiring of ISO/TS16949 is the requirement for global development.
- Technological Trends of Components for In-vehicle Touchscreens
- ITO Glasses/ITO Films
- Cover Market (Cover Glasses/Plastic Covers)
- OCA/OCR Market
- Leader Line Material Market
III Perspectives and Strategies of In-vehicle Touchscreen/Component Manufacturers